UVAC Swim-a-Thon February 16 @ 9-11am
The Upper Valley Aquatic Club (UVAC) Swim Team will be holding an official Swim-a-Thon on Saturday, January 19 at Upper Valley Aquatic Center in White River Junction, Vermont.
During this Swim-a-Thon, most of UVAC`s 125 swim team members will have a two-hour period in which to swim a maximum of 200 lengths.
Donors are encouraged to support these athletes by pledging to support their efforts-either via a flat donation, or by pledging a certain amount of money per length the swimmer completes.
The Swim-a-Thon will provide funds to enable the Upper Valley Aquatic club to buy new equipment, provide scholarships for swimmers, cover meet costs and fund athlete travel. In addition to raising funds for the team, 10% of all donations will be directly contributed to the UVAC Financial Aid Fund.
Because of the generosity of donors, this year:
• 140+ children and adults have learned to swim free of charge
• 155 families have received memberships
• 47 weeks of Summer Splash Camp went to kids free of charge
• 80 individuals have received memberships
• 60+ participants in the FREE PALS for Life cancer survivor program, and discounted Arthritis and Addiction Recovery programs
• 1800 free passes were granted to local charities to use as gifts and for fundraising
The USA Swimming Foundation will receive 5% of the money raised. The Foundation works to strengthen the sport of swimming by saving lives and building Champions …in the pool and in life.
Find out more about the UVAC swim team: https://uvacswim.org/swimming/swim-team/
Please consider sponsoring a swimmer and click on the UVAC Swim-A-Thon link: https://www.teamunify.com/TUMoney.jsp?team=neuvac
Or contact UVAC Swim Team Parent Council Fundraising Chair Steve Hiller at (802) 356-1493 or email@example.com